King’s-Quality Restoration provides emergency services 24 hours and day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year. Temporary services are the critical first step in preventing further damage. It only takes a few hours for a small loss to become a big problem. Some examples would be as listed below.
EMERGENCY WATER EXTRACTION AND REMEDIATION
The phases for water damage include water extraction, structural drying, advanced dehumidifying, mold remediation, carpet, rug and upholstery cleaning, document salvage, drying and reprocessing, electronics restoration and structural repairs.
When to Call For Water Mitigation
Seeping water damage is progressive, pervasive and can mean valuable objects may become permanently damaged – especially if emergency response is delayed beyond the first 48 hours. Water damage is usually caused by a plumbing failure. When moisture seeps into anything of value there are immediate steps that can be taken to reduce the amount of long-term damage that results
- Close the water main or shut off any water source so flooding stops
- Shut down the electrical breaker in damaged areas before unplugging or removing any electrical devices from the wet carpet or submerged areas.
- Put aluminum foil under legs or feet of any furniture in contact with wet carpet or water to prevent permanent staining
- Lift any curtains or draperies away from wet carpet or water
- Lift and tack up any upholstered furniture skirts
- Remove books, papers, fabrics, shoes, potted plants or other items that are able to stain wet carpet
- Use your home vacuum – electrical shock can result, as well as damage to the equipment
- Place newspaper in traffic areas to walk on – newspaper ink transfers easily to wet carpet fibers which results in permanent staining
- Walk on carpet any more than necessary – this keeps damage from spreading to unaffected areas
EMERGENCY BOARD UP
In the unfortunate event that a vehicle should go through your property you will want to secure as soon as possible. Also in the event of a fire you may need a board up to one or more windows or entry ways.
EMERGENCY STORM RESPONSE
Should severe weather damage your roof from high winds you may need temporary roof repairs or covering with a tarp to secure and prevent further damage. Other storm damage may include tree damage to your home.
EMERGENCY TRAUMA/ CRIME SCENE CLEANUP
Blood-borne pathogens and crime scene residues are both examples. Professional remediation, cleanup, decontamination and final inspection are the only way to restore your environment to pre existing conditions.
EMERGENCY SEWAGE CLEAN UP
It is essential that all of the infected areas are treated, whether it be floorboards, carpets, walls or furniture. Anything that has been contaminated requires immediate attention to prevent the spread of bio- contaminates including bacteria, fungi, viruses and parasites.
The most common mode of infection is through oral contact. Skin contact alone does not pose a health threat unless you have an open wound. The risk of exposure when handling sewage can be reduced significantly by effective and immediate clean-up and by taking appropriate safety precautions.The most common mode of infection is through oral contact. Skin contact alone does not pose a health threat unless you have an open wound. The risk of exposure when handling sewage can be reduced significantly by effective and immediate clean-up and by taking appropriate safety precautions.